In the scope of the Graphics and Sound Programming course at Tallinn University (May 2020), taught online due to COVID-19, I created a few video tutorials on sound in p5.js. Hopefully these will be useful, although they were created to support a course with Zoom sessions (not as a stand-alone tutorials).
Sound Programming part of the course (19-21 May 2020)
Brief Description of course content:
- Basic concepts in acoustics and music theory.
- Digital signal processing.
- Digital filtering.
- Fast Fourier transform.
- Sound synthesis.
- Audio engines.
- Procedural sound generation in p5.js.
- Integration of procedural audio in games.
Software Studies for Media Designers, Part 1 – Processing:
- 07 Jan 14 – Kickoff, Processing basics
- 08 Jan 14 – Math, Interactive sketches
- 09 Jan 14 – Flow control, functions
- 10 Jan 14 – Arrays, Strings, type conversion, exporting
- 14 Jan 14 – Processing.js
- 15 Jan 14 – Revisions exercise
Introduction presentation: available here
Exercises are available at my OpenProcessing page.
Introduction videos: http://hello.processing.org/
Recommended book: Reas, C. & Fry, B., 2010. Getting started with Processing
Main course blog: http://softwarestudies.mlog.taik.fi/ (currently offline due to server move)